You’ve found the fine print! Please find below the Terms & Conditions for some important parts of Griffin’s ecosystem.
If you’ve got any further questions about Griffin’s Terms & Conditions, don’t hesitate to contact us.
Griffin Theatre Company is a member of Live Performance Australia and complies with the LPA Ticketing Code of Practice. Please click here to access a PDF of the Consumer Code. Any queries or complaints relating to the code can be made to Griffin at [email protected] or on (02) 9361 3817.
By purchasing from Griffin Theatre Company you are agreeing to be bound by the following terms:
The prestigious Griffin Award recognises an outstanding play or performance text that displays an authentic, inventive and contemporary Australian voice. The winner will receive a full commission of $17,400 prize and dramaturgical support from the company.
To be eligible for the 2024 Griffin Award, the idea pitched must:
Entry terms and conditions:
In sending us your pitch documents and entry form you assure us that you have read the terms and conditions of entry for the 2024 Griffin Award.
You declare your eligibility under the conditions and your agreement to the terms listed. You guarantee that the script is your original work, that it has never been produced for public performance and that you are the sole copyright holder of all material used.
Entrants must submit via our online form by doing the following:
Please do not print your name on the title page or anywhere on the idea or synopsis—entries are judged anonymously.
Please submit your entry online via entry form on the Griffin website by midnight on 22 January 2024.
The winner will be announced alongside the Griffin Keynote Address on 28 July 2024.
1. Information on how to enter and the prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions of entry. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. The Promoter is Griffin Theatre Company, 13 Craigend Street, Kings Cross, NSW, 2010. ABN 98 001 991 153
3. Entry is open to residents of Australia who are 18 years old or older only.
4. Employees and their immediate families of the Promoter and agencies and companies associated with this promotion are not eligible to enter the promotion.
5. The competition commences at 7pm on Monday 19 September 2022 Australian Eastern Standard time and will close at 11.59 pm Australian Eastern Standard time on Thursday 1 December 2022 (Term).
6. You may enter the competition once.
7. To enter the competition, participants must book a minimum of one subscription to Griffin’s 2023 Season.
8. Entries to the competition are per transaction, not per subscription. For example, if you were to buy a subscription for both you and your partner in one transaction then you would go into the draw once.
9. If you buy a subscription for someone else as a gift, the purchaser (i.e. you), not the recipient, will go into the draw.
10. This a game of chance—the Prize Winner will be selected by random by a judge appointed by the Promoter.
11. The Major Prize comprises of:
Total Major Prize Value: $1200
13. The Promoter’s decision in relation to any aspects of the competition is final and binding on every person who enters and no correspondence will be entered into.
14. The winner will be notified via telephone and email and will be published on the Griffin website in late December, 2022. Only the first name of the winner will be used in the announcement, and a photo of the winner with the prize will only be used if consented to by the winner.
15. The Promoter’s decision in relation to any aspects of the competition is final and binding on every person who enters and no correspondence will be entered into.
16. The Promoter and companies associated with this promotion will take no responsibility for missed ferries.
17. Entries are deemed to be received at the time of a Griffin 2023 subscription being purchased. The Promoter is not responsible for entries not received or the receipt of incorrect, inaccurate, or incomplete information caused by an entrant or occurring during transmission. The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone or computer network, line or server or internet provider, traffic congestion on any phone or computer network or any combination thereof.
18. If for any reason this promotion is cancelled or is not capable of running as planned, due to an intervention of any outside agent or event which naturally changes the result or prevents or hinders its determination, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strikes; the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the event and recommence it from the start on the same conditions subject to State Regulation.
19. In the event that for any reason whatsoever a winner does not take an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that element of the Prize.
20. The personal information you provide in entering this competition will be used by the Promoter to conduct the competition.
21. In case of an emergency Griffin Theatre Company will use the contact details supplied by you when entering this competition.