Griffin Theatre Company is a member of Live Performance Australia and complies with the LPA Ticketing Code of Practice. Please click here to access a PDF of the Consumer Code. Any queries or complaints relating to the code can be made to Griffin at [email protected] or on (02) 9361 3817.
By purchasing from Griffin Theatre Company you are agreeing to be bound by the following terms:
- Tickets will only be issued upon full payment.
- There are no refunds on any ticket except as required by law.
- Every patron must have a valid ticket; the right of admission is reserved by the Box Office staff at the venue.
- Concession prices are available with a full-time student card, Centrelink Pensioner concession card or Veterans’ Affairs cards. Seniors prices are available with an Australian Government-issued Seniors Card.
- Admittance to customers bearing tickets purchased at a discount price (Seniors, Concession, ‘Under 35s’) will only be upon production to Box Office staff of relevant ID on the night of the performance. Failure to produce appropriate ID may result in the patron being charged full price for their ticket.
- Latecomers will not be admitted until there is a convenient break in the program, if at all, and admission is at the discretion of the Box Office; refunds will not be issued to latecomers.
- Tickets may be exchanged, with a minimum of 24-hours of notice of either the performance being exchanged into or out of (whichever is the soonest) by calling the Box Office on (02) 9361 3817. Subscribers are entitled to one free exchange per show; all further exchanges, and those for non-subscription tickets, will incur a transaction fee of $6.
- Griffin reserves the right to vary advertised programs, to add, withdraw or substitute artists where necessary.
- Gift Certificates are valid for three years from the date of purchase.
- No recording devices of any kind are permitted in the auditorium.