Griffin Theatre Company is a member of Live Performance Australia and complies with the LPA Ticketing Code of Practice. Please click here to access a PDF of the Consumer Code. Any queries or complaints relating to the code can be made to Griffin at [email protected] or on (02) 9361 3817.
By purchasing from Griffin Theatre Company you are agreeing to be bound by the following terms:
- Tickets will only be issued upon full payment.
- There are no refunds on any ticket except as required by law.
- Every patron must have a valid ticket; the right of admission is reserved by the Box Office staff at the venue.
- Admittance to customers bearing tickets purchased at a discount price (such as Full time students, Seniors, Pensioners, ‘Under 35s’) will only be upon production to Box Office staff of relevant ID on the night of the performance. Failure to produce appropriate ID may result in the patron being charged full price for their ticket.
- Latecomers will not be admitted until there is a convenient break in the program, if at all, and admission is at the discretion of the Box Office; refunds will not be issued to latecomers.
- Tickets may be exchanged, with a minimum of 24-hours of notice of either the performance being exchanged into or out of (whichever is the soonest) by calling the Box Office on (02) 9361 3817. Subscribers (excluding Earlybird Subscribers) are entitled to one free exchange per subscription ticket; all further exchanges, and those for non-Subscription tickets, will incur a transaction fee of $5.
- Griffin Theatre Company assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in transmission or line failure, and reserves the right to add, withdraw or substitute artists, and to vary the program should the need arise.
- Gift Vouchers are valid for one year from the date of purchase.